Today I did a short coupon trip. I have a couple of free coupons I didn't use. I also have some coupons that will make the item free after coupon that I have yet to use. While Von's has been better for me lately, I typically don't like to buy anything there unless it is a Von's-specific deal. I would rather give my other money to Albertsons or Smiths. They've both more than earned my business through the years with consistent, excellent customer service.
Here's what I got for $14:
(Yes, one of the yogurts is open as are some of the apples. There are also some bananas missing. My kids and husband usually make a nose-dive for the good stuff as soon as I walk in the door.)
The complete list:
- (2) bags of tortilla chips (soy-free, artificial color and flavor-free, gluten-free)
- (4) 8oz bags of Kraft Naturals shredded cheese
- (1) 4 pack of Dannon light and fit yogurt
- (2) Lunchable subs
- (2) 2-packs of Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis desserts (Chocolate!)
- A 1/2 gallon of Silk Pure Almond milk (soy-free, gluten-free)
- A package of Multi-grain crackers (artificial color and flavor-free, gluten-free)
- 4 lbs of bananas (what's left of them)
- 3 lbs of organic apples
- (6) 4-packs minis of Philadelphia cream cheese
Still, by Von's prices, my original total was $59.73. After sales, clearance prices, and coupons, my total was $14.29. I also have $2 in Catalina rewards to spend next time I go shopping at Von's. That comes out to a savings of 76%. Certainly not my best, but it will do while I'm restocking our fridge and freezer. (I don't figure the Catalinas that I have to spend next time into my savings now. Otherwise, my savings would be off if it got lost, I forgot to spend it before it expired, or...whatever. It ensures that my savings are accurate. I do consider the Catalina when determining whether or not to do the deal in the first place, but not when I'm actually calculating my savings after the fact.)
So...there you have it! THAT is what $14 can buy!
What can you buy with $14?