Then, the unthinkable happened. I realized when I went to replace mine, that we had no more toothbrushes. And, um, I really don't want to stop brushing my teeth and don't yet have a snazzy homemade alternative to the toothbrush. So...to the coupons I go. (I'm certain that's not grammatically-correct. It's like 180 degrees outside. Work with me here.)
One thing I learned years ago is that even when I stop couponing, I need to keep getting the coupons every week. Without fail, every time I have not done this, I have regretted it when I started couponing again.
So...I quickly perused my favorite sites, cut the coupons I needed...and off to the store I went. (I didn't have time to spare. I had already thrown my old toothbrush away.)
A couple hours later, I came home with 3 tired kids and this...
Paid $1.47 total for all of this!
Well, actually, I had more than that...but I tried to keep the 3 aforementioned kids calm by bribing them with some of the Gatorade drinks and energy bars. (Tip: Before trying such a thing, you should first make sure that what you are offering your children ACTUALLY tastes good. Don't say I didn't warn you.)
Some of these deals were one-day deals (like the Dove soap which was an almost $3 money-maker). However, others (like the toothbrushes, hair gel, & deodorant) are deals that you can get through this Saturday at least. Some are good until Tuesday or Wednesday; depending on your area.
Here are the deals:
- Degree Deodorant
- You're getting the ones that the ad says are 2/$4 with a $1 register reward...but you're going to get a better deal.
- Buy 4 of them (not the 2 listed in the ad) $8 - 4($1) 7/31 Unilever - ($4) register reward = Free!
- Some areas only got the $.75/1 coupons in the same insert so your total would be $1.
- Colgate 360 Pro-Relief Toothbrush $4.99 - ($1) 7/31 ss - ($4) rr = Free + 1¢
- Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief Toothpaste (4oz) $4.99 - ($1.50) 7/31 ss - ($4) rr = Free + 51¢
- Crest 3D White Toothpaste (4oz) (buy 2) $5 - 2($1) 7/31 pg - ($3) rr = Free
- Keri Lotion (15oz) $8.49 - ($2) 7/17 ss or ($2) 8/21 ss - ($5) rr = $1.49 (Or even better, Free + $1.01 if you got a raincheck when they had them on sale for $5.99 a couple of weeks ago...like I did.)
- Check your Walgreens sunscreen and clearance sections for the sunscreen. The face stick alone normally retails for $6.99. The combo packs were from $1.87-$2.74 each. The sunscreen I got doesn't expire until 2013 which makes this an AWESOME deal!
- Gatorade deal has run out of prints so it's over. Sorry. (They were all free.)
- Dove deal is also over. Sorry.
- LA Looks Hair Gel (20oz) $1 - ($1) 7/31 rp = Free!
- Motts Apple Juice (64oz) (buy 10) $1.28 ea - 5($2/2) MDA bklt found at Safeway stores (Vons, Dominicks, etc) = 28¢ each (This is only available at stores in some areas. Other areas have Hansen's Apple Juice for $1.48 ea wyb 10.)