Regardless, I like to think myself a helpful person. In that vain, I'd like to offer a few tips to men who might be doing a bit of last-minute gas station shopping.
These are things you shouldn't (that means should NOT) get your wife from the gas station:
- A can of SlimFast because she's always talking about how fat she feels.
- An energy drink with a note that you noticed she didn't have the energy to do the dishes last night after dinner.
- A container of Clorox wipes since it's obvious from the house that she must be out of cleaning supplies.
- Breath mints to help with that "morning breath" problem she has.
- A package of Hostess cupcakes with a note, "Sweets for my sweet." That looks like you put thought into her gift and didn't actually go out to the gas station at the last minute to get her something.
- A gift card to her favorite restaurant (many gas stations sell these) for a night out with you or her friends. Bonus points: Arrange for a babysitter too!
- The makings for breakfast which you then cook yourself the next morning...and serve to her in bed.